kathrynzj asks us, this morning:
For today's Friday Five please tell us 5 things you like to do with friends. Are they local - do you hit a favorite coffee shop or nail salon? What about the friends who come in from out of town? Do you have a restaurant or museum you like to show off?
Well, this is a pretty easy five -- I think!
1. EAT. Almost anything, anywhere: here at home, there at their home, or OUT. (Not so much, DRINK, although there is a special asterisked category for "things with little umbrellas in them" while "seated in the shade at the wide end of a Big White Boat")
2. WALK. Even when much of the walk is more of a Determined Sequential Lurch, than a relaxed stroll.
3. TALK. IRL or in any of the variety of media that offer themselves (often combined with 1 or 2, above).
4. TRAVEL. On the road through favourite landscapes (viz. Pointy Bits of this and adjacent provinces, and elsewhere) -- or by other modes, see previous remarks about Big White Boats.
5. WORK (if all else fails and resistance proves useless)...this includes subcategories "COOK" and "KNIT" and a miscellany of other tasks.
most of these are stackable, one way or another, either sequentially or simultaneously.
And there you have it!