Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday...

Well...we have a SORT of a sermon written for Peter'n'Paul, I guess.

This has been a good day too, lots of sun, HOT outdoors, cool in my office, hurray for Venetian blinds, I say.

And this morning before it got hot, the Rambler went off and delivered the Opening Prayer at the handing-over of NINE NEW HOMES to happy families -- this was the outcome of this year's WomenBuild by the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity. Three triplexes. Most exciting. They have replaced a dreadful tenement and nest of criminality in an inner city neighbourhood.

And the Rambler wore her Hot Pink Hard Hat -- woo hoo!

7 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

That is terriffic!! :-)

Diane M. Roth said...

wow! and love the pink hat!

Crimson Rambler said...

The pink hat is VERY authoritative!

Stealthy Dachshund said...

And I hope you noted the care attention put into spreading the sand under the back porches and under the sidewalk blocks, as that was the work of the stealthy dachshund and his work chums.

Crimson Rambler said...

I was not in a position to admire the sand under the back porches, but I am sure it contributed much to the overall handsomeness of the new homes. Well done dawg!

Sue said...

Yay!!! How wonderful! And the pink hardhat is just the perfect touch.

johnieb said...

OK, I'ma lookin' fer at least one picture of a Rector in a Pink Hard Hat, which I'm sure is a grand sight indeed, onsite or off, which others here seem to have had access to, but I see nothing.

We in the L.P. are doin our Independence thing, which to me as a Historian has often seemed of debatable value. Hence I shall be in hibernation until Sunday's 10:00 Eucharist; all the fireworks tend to give me flashbacks to machine guns pointed at me.