Thanks to Singing Owl for this week's Friday Five ...
What is your idea of a heavenly (i.e. wonderful and perfect):
1. Family get-together... All my brothers and all our families together eating and drinking and laughing and nobody spooked by anybody else, or on edge...with time to walk and time to play touch football and time to watch old movies (but not home movies)...if it were over Christmas, that would be so much the better.
2. Song or musical piece: as Garrison Keillor might say, "the Bach B Minor Mass with a good Anglican choir leaning into it like sled dogs crossing the tundra"...!!! Or the Allegri Miserere...or the "Hallelujah Chorus" with lots of ATTACK, and the trumpets in tune with the organ (and each other). Or Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue or Beethoven's Piano Concerto #5: the Emperor, on a really good piano...
3. Gift...I have no idea... My Dad gave me a red taffeta crinoline for Christmas when I was about 13, and that was pretty heavenly... gave me an instant rapport with Mammy in Gone With the Wind too!
4. You choose whatever you like-food, pair of shoes, vacation, house, or something else. Just tell us what it is and what a heavenly version of it would be.
Well then I would say a heavenly vacation...and it would be "back to Italy" with more time and more energy!
5. And for a serious moment, or what would you like your entrance into the next life to be like?
What, from your vantage point now, would make Heaven "heavenly?"
I would like to be able to look at the people whom I wanted to love me, and know that they did. I think I'll leave it at that. For the fuller version, see Dante Alighieri, passim.