Thursday, January 29, 2009

updating...

The parishioner I think of as "The Breadman" dropped by again this morning. Previously I asked him, as tactfully as I could, if he wouldn't mind bringing just a single loaf when he drops off our bread (this is an every-few-weeks largesse that simply expresses his entire joy in the shape of his life, right?), because the Rambler can't keep up with two loaves at a time.

So this morning, voila, there is the bread-bag again in my in-tray.

And Wonder Secketry reports, "he said he tried to get you just one loaf, but it was a pregnant one, so there are three buns in that bag as well..."

Words fail me!

5 comments:

Crimson Rambler said...

He's a lovely person, Towanda, truly. And his next plan is to pay for an aumbry (cupboard in the church for the reserved sacrament) and a pompous-glorious great sanctuary lamp to hang over it (kind of "Jesus is home, the porch light is on" effect).

Terri said...

love your description of the aumbry and sanctuary candle....

a pregnant loaf of bread with two buns in it....is quite an image!

Kathryn said...

Love it!
And looking forward to seeing pictures of your aumbrey light, now ours is safely accomplished

Sue said...

Aumbry. Now there's a word you don't hear in United Church circles. I like it.

Also, your Bread Man is welcome to send extra to us, as we recently lost our Bread Woman in an unfortunate "I can't deal with change, so I'll just leave the church" situation. Most unfortunate.

Crimson Rambler said...

Oh Sue, I AM sorry about that. The poor soul. I think you're entitled to write the little note, in about three months, to say, "You can't imagine how we miss you"...provided of course that you do!