Monday, August 22, 2011

Oooooooonnn the road ag'in...


So all inspired and fortified by an expenses-cheque in today's mail, I phoned the well-beloved Motel of Heavenly Comfort in the Place of Abundant Hot Water, and made reservations for four nights, and am away to the pointy bits of the province tomorrow morning, betimes.

I am taking a sack of books, (none of that there newfangled e-book stuff) and two swimsuits and a big flooffy towel. And my medium binoculars, but not the great big Field Marshal Rommel Special ones, and my camera, and maps, and various guides to flora and fauna, and like that.

And I am going to revel in my Old Coot's discounted admission to everything. and sit and soak my miz'ry along with all the other OCs.

I really am all but altogether packed, so maybe I really shall get out of the driveway before 8 am tomorrow. It is a good long day's drive, but the roads are good.

Looking forward to it all very much.

4 comments:

Terri said...

Have a good time. Really wish I were joining you in the hot springs....my back could use a good hot soak!

Crimson Rambler said...

and these are nice hot springs, Terri -- no sulphur! There is a hot pool, a big one, mostly for soaking, and a warm pool for swimming (lanes etc.), all nestled down in a kind of sun-trap at the base of a cliff. Sometimes you can watch bighorn sheep up on the rocks while you're soaking!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

oh hooray for you! may your time away be blessed... we'll have to swap stories when we're both back from some R&R... or swap books we've read!

Towanda said...

sounds so wonderful! Have a great time!