Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ten Random Things

I seem to have been "tagged" by Jan... this shouldn't be as hard as it looks!!! Here goes:
1. I celebrated my fifth birthday with my parents, an RCMP officer, a postmistress, a telegraph operator, two steamboat officers and an Oblate missionary = total guest list.

2. I never completed a grade in the same school I started it in, until High School.

3. I've now lived 34 years and counting in the same house.

4. I've slid down the brass pole in a fire-hall.

5. I've seen the ice go out of the Yukon River in the spring.

6. My most beloved vehicle to date was a high-mileage Ford half-ton. Red, it was. Sigh.

7. I'm near-sighted.

8. I love tea but I can't drink it on an empty stomach.

9. I started university in Honours Modern Languages because I was going to be a high-school French teacher; ended up in graduate studies in English Literature in an ivy league school ("Crimson" is a CLUE) and have never regretted it.

10. I'm trying to learn Biblical Greek.


There! whew!! Did it!!! and I tag I am Chorus and Foreign Footsteps and Doodlebugz

3 comments:

Jan said...

So glad you let me know you did this! Hey, I'm learning Biblical Greek, too! (Do you have a text by John H. Dobson?)

Who is the Oblate missionary?? I think Oblates are wonderful people!

I'm impressed that you've lived in the same house for 34 years. What's funny about us is we've lived in this house for 19 years, with a break of 3 years in between the 6th and 7th years. (We moved to RI and NJ and then moved back and bought the SAME house!)

This was very interesting. Thanks.

Crimson Rambler said...

The Oblate was young, francophone, desperately shy...and at the end of the party he managed enough English to tell my mother he was glad to have been there because it was also HIS birthday. I don't remember his name; but when I told the story among the Oblates who taught ME theology, with place and date, they nodded and said they knew who it was.
No, my Greek text is -- I think -- Munce? My curate was teaching me. He said if Cato the Elder could learn Greek at 80, then he thought we had a bit of a window to work with...

Jan said...

My teacher, an Episcopal priest, said Mounce's book is of a higher (and faster) caliber than ours.