Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday again

Awake very early this morning. For once I ROSE UP instead of lying awake "pondering" -- made a latte, lit some candles, and tackled the Great Unopened Pile on my desk, emptied the handbag, emptied the book-tote, made heavy contributions to both waste-basket and shredder-basket, most gratifying.
Then a quick trip to the far corner of Prairie Metropolis to the physiotherapist: ultrasound and heat and some more Creative Activities with rubber tubing. The shoulder still hurts; but now it hurts like, "mmmm, exercised yesterday, didn't I" and not so much like, "Oh help, I've been injured."
Off to the bank later this morning to put the finances in order ("Owe no one anything -- including VISA")... some Very Important Pieces of Paper to convey to their final resting place, and then a couple of cheerful pastoral notes to write...
Meantime The First-Born has borrowed Harriet-the-Chariot for a run to the airport to collect his supervisor, in town for a week or so.
Daughter Unit is home safe from her week in LatterDayLand, much to the joy of her mother -- and her husband of four months.
Back to the to-do list; this is my Official Day Off, and I have wild hopes that I may get home before dark for once.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yep. I'm a HUGE fan of Yaconelli. What tipped you off? :)

Unknown said...

...ah. I listed the book. Mea culpa. Clearly, my caffeine intake for the day has NOT been sufficient enough as I couldn't even remember that little detail.

Methinks I shall need a latte in the not-too-distant-future...

Jan said...

Have fun this weekend! Both my oldest son and daughter with their respective partners are coming home tomorrow!