Monday, November 26, 2007

MONDAY mugs

Getting to work this morning was a bit slower than I planned; we awoke to -25 C (=ten below Fahrenheit) and Harriet (the trusty Echo) hadn't been plugged in last night. So I stumbled out in the dark and found a long-enough heavy-duty extension cord and got the block-heater going about 7 a.m.; at 8:45 she started up with a faithful roar...and I even remembered to REMOVE the extension cord before I backed down the driveway. So all is automotively good, but I wish I had managed to get her to the carwash one last time last week.
We had 4 or 5 inches of snow overnight also; intersections are a bit skittery but not too bad.
Mugs -- I've been enjoying people's inventories of mugs -- and their pictures; so I'll talk about seven of mine (can't do pics yet, sorry), and if you read this, consider yourself tagged, 'kay?
1. at work; a souvenir mug with a picture of Mt. Robson, highest peak in the Canadian Rockies; gift of a parishioner. Reminds me of highly successful photography of Mt. R. done by #1 son at a very tender age -- "127" film, does that give you an idea? We caught the mountain for once unobscured by cloud, and he scored, big-time!

2. also at work; black mug with stained glass window design from the National Cathedral in Washington, gift from beloved former assistant in the parish who had departed for that undiscovered bourne from which no traveler returns (in Canada, that means "the States"); part of a Christmas present, along with Cathedral hot chocolate, mmmmmm.

3. (the rest are at home); large delicate bone china mug with violets on it, belonged to my mother and came to me with oddments of her china.

4. large sized Christmas/winter design mug with a matching lid, both dishwasher and microwave safe despite complicated high-relief design, I love it and use it to warm milk for lattes. Gift from a parishioner.

5. White china mug commemorating the United Empire Loyalists -- family gift (from the UEL side of the family)

6. White china mug with all-over peony design, Christmas gift from the (Anglican) Sisters of St. John the Divine, who formerly had a Priory here in Prairie Metropolis.

7. plain octagonal clear glass mug -- purchased from a rummage sale because I like its look.

2 comments:

Jan said...

SO COLD only in November!!! Brrr.

I liked your mugs. I'll do that sometime, but I don't know how to post pictures either. I only know how if my daughter emails me the pictures.

Crimson Rambler said...

Hi Jan. It's below zero again this morning (Fahrenheit) and we had several inches of snow last night too.
Hurray for our techno-smart daughters!